Monday, April 4, 2011

Who am I?

My name is Ed and this is my blog detailing my walk with God.
In the past I was very eager and zealous about God. I studied the Bible daily and prayed constantly. I could quote the Bible without thinking, and consistently felt God talking to me through his word. I was involved in a group that would use the Bible as guides for our lives and as a map to help correct each other.
After a while I began to grow tired and burnt out. Instead of eagerly searching the Word for guidance and correction in my own life, I learned how to focus problems onto other people. Before long I was deflecting onto other people, always talking about their problems instead of my own, and making myself sound better by pointing out their flaws.
This became a slippery sloap that drew me away from God. I stopped reading, I stopped praying, and my heart became cold.

Since then I have desired to return to God and bare my heart to him, but something has held me back. My wife and I just returned from my first mission trip to Honduras (http://missiontrip2010wc.blogspot.com/), and I am ready to do whatever is needed. I hope to share my heart and soul on this blog, along with everything I learn as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment